Walking around Matlock and Matlock Bath
Matlock and Matlock Bath lie in the valley of the River Derwent, surrounded by limestone and gritstone hills, offering superb walking along riverside and wooded hillside paths. Try one of these short walks to enjoy some spectacular views:
- Matlock, Oker and Darley Bridge (5 miles)
- Matlock to Pic Tor (1.4 miles)
- High Tor, Giddy Edge and Lovers Walks (2.4 miles)
- Matlock to Matlock Bath via the Heights of Abraham (1.6 miles)
- Matlock Bath to High Tor and Riber (3.3 miles)
- Matlock Bath, Bonsall village and Cromford (3.7 miles)
All these walks are described in our 'Walks in the Matlocks' book available for just £1.50. Order your copy here (choose 'Other Payments, then 'Tourism Publications').
Also available from the Visitor Information Point at Peak Rail and the Peak District Mining Museum.