It has also given us a more detailed insight into the backlog of collections - especially recycling - in some areas of the district.
Because of this it could be necessary to adjust the measures announced - due to start on 26 July - and we have called an emergency meeting of the full council next week to discuss all options.
The report to this meeting will be published on our website no later than tomorrow.
In the meantime we regretfully announce that Serco have reported further staff absences today that they are unable to cover due to the continuing national driver shortage. It means some rounds could not operate today; the full list of the areas affected can be viewed below. Some food waste rounds were also not completed..
We appreciate that our apologies are not enough right now, but please be assured that we are exploring all possible angles to get this service back to the excellent levels you rightly expect.
We will continue to provide daily updates here - and you can also sign up for free update emails at www.derbyshiredales.gov.uk/enewsreg
Thank you again.
Monday's missed rounds include some collections in these areas:
- Recycling 1 – Foolow, Great Hucklow, Taddington, Tideswell, Wardlow
- Recycling 3 – Blackwell, Bradwell, Great Hucklow, Hathersage, Litton, Priestcliffe
- Recycling 5 – Bradwell, Bretton, Grindleford, Hathersage, Highlow. Tideswell
- Domestic Waste 5 – Ashley Hay, Biggin by Hulland, Boylestone, Brailsford, Hollington, Longford, Mercaston, Middleton by Wirksworth, Rodsley, Shirley, Wirksworth
- Domestic Waste 6 – Kirk Ireton, Middleton by Wirksworth, Wirksworth