With no extension made by central government to the law enabling local authorities to meet remotely, Derbyshire Dales District Council has to meet in physical socially distanced spaces for the foreseeable future.
Our own Council Chamber at Matlock Town Hall is not big enough or well ventilated enough to safely hold reduced-number meetings.
View the agenda
Please note that as around 20 councillors and officers will be attending this meeting, any attendance by members of the public will be restricted to only a handful of people on a first come first served basis due to the venue's reduced Covid capacity.
That's why we're recommending that if local people have any representations to make on the agenda items that they make these in writing no later than midday on 30 June by:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post to Democratic Services, Derbyshire Dales District Council, Town Hall, Matlock DE4 3NN
- Phone to 01629 761133
Anyone attending the 6pm meeting, which will be recorded for viewing later on the District Council's YouTube channel, should:
- Follow public health advice
- Maintain social distancing
- Use the hand sanitiser provided
- Avoid touching your face
- Follow the instructions for safe and socially distant movement around the venue and wear a face covering at all times (unless exemptions apply)
- Sign into the venue using the NHS Covid 19 app
It is not mandatory for attendees to have taken a voluntary lateral flow test before attending this meeting, but, as restrictions continue to be eased by central Government, public health officials have advised that we should all be getting tested regularly.
Lateral flow tests are available for free. It’s quick and easy to apply for testing kits online. You can either order for home delivery (generally arrives the day after you apply) or order to click collect from a wide range of pharmacies and other venues.