But it calls on the Government to implement the following:
- Be a World Leader in the fight against climate change.
- Through the Climate and Ecological Emergency Bill before Parliament develop an emergency strategy that:
- The UK Government takes a lead consistent with limiting global temperature Worldwide to a maximum of 1.5 degrees C
- Provides an end year date for the complete eradication of noxious pollution from all vehicular transport.
- Protects and restores biodiverse habits coupled with land management of the soil and trees in order to help the carbon sink.
- Invest in technology that aims to reduce our carbon footprint in all spheres of life.
- Sets up an Independent Citizens Assembly representative of the UK’s population in order to engage with and assist the Government with the climate change agenda
Watch the meeting again:
- View the full agenda [PDF]