But it calls on the Government to implement the following:
- Be a World Leader in the fight against climate change.
- Through the Climate and Ecological Emergency Bill before Parliament develop an emergency strategy that:
- The UK Government takes a lead consistent with limiting global temperature Worldwide to a maximum of 1.5 degrees C
- Provides an end year date for the complete eradication of noxious pollution from all vehicular transport.
- Protects and restores biodiverse habits coupled with land management of the soil and trees in order to help the carbon sink.
- Invest in technology that aims to reduce our carbon footprint in all spheres of life.
- Sets up an Independent Citizens Assembly representative of the UK’s population in order to engage with and assist the Government with the climate change agenda
The 6pm meeting will also consider a report updating councillors on the progress of a project to replace and upgrade the Council’s current telephone systems.
Members will be asked to note a report informing the Council of the provisional Local Government Finance Settlement for 2021/22 together with its implications for the Council’s finances. The report states that the Corporate Risk is high as it may have significant implications for the Council’s future ability to deliver its priorities, and to provide services at the current levels.
The meeting will also consider a report relating to proposed changes to and seek approval to adopt the Local Tax Reduction Scheme for the financial year 2021/22.
- View the full agenda [PDF]
PUBLIC PARTICIPATIONAs the Council cannot hold meetings at the Town Hall, Public Participation can only take place using the Zoom application or by written representations. Members of the public are able to comment or ask questions on the items listed in the agenda and must give notice before 12 noon on the day preceding the meeting by:
- Web-form: Make your submission here.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Democratic Services, Derbyshire Dales District Council, Town Hall, Matlock DE4 3NN
Written representations received by the deadline will be read out at the meeting. Verbal contributors will be given instructions on how to join the meeting after giving notice.