This notice sets out how Derbyshire Dales District Council will use your personal data, and your rights.
This notice relates to data collected under the Green Homes Grant Scheme operated by Derbyshire Dales District Council, Westville Insulation Ltd and Platform Housing Group, Harrison Almshouse Trust, which is funded by the Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Scheme (GHG LAD) run by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
We will process the following personal data:
- Address and details of property receiving the GHG LAD installation(s)
- Details about the GHG LAD installation(s) installed at the property, including type, size and cost
- Contact address (if not the property receiving the GHG LAD installation(s))
- Address and details of property offered, but not receiving, the GHG LAD installation(s)
- Your name
- Household income and any other scheme eligibility information
- Any financial contribution you have made towards the GHG LAD installation(s)
- Details about the expected energy, carbon and cost savings expected to be delivered by the installation, including pre- and post-installation property EPC details where appropriate
- Email address
- Phone number
- Your name
- Relevant accreditation and registration information
- Contact address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Details of GHG LAD installations delivered
- Whether directly contracted or sub-contracted by LA to install GHG LAD installations
- The number of employees in your organisation
The purpose(s) for which we are processing your personal data is to support the delivery and administration of the Green Homes Grant Scheme and GHG LAD (together the Scheme).
Delivery and administration of the Scheme may require linking of your data to other datasets held by Derbyshire Dales District Council or the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
BEIS will be conducting an evaluation of the Scheme. This may include you being contacted to take part in further research. Where the research involves processing of personal data in addition to that already collected for delivery of the Scheme, you will be given the opportunity to opt-in to that research at the point of contact.
Your data may also be used for statistical, research and fraud prevention purposes.
Legal basis of processing
The legal basis for processing your personal data is:
Public task: Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
The specific public task is the delivery, administration and evaluation of, as well as statistical, research and fraud prevention purposes relating to, the Scheme, a government funded scheme aiming to raise the energy efficiency of low energy performance homes (those rated at EPC Band E, F or G), including off-gas grid homes. Funding is provided to Local Authorities who engage consumers and manage the delivery of installations in homes.
Consent: Use of your personal data to contact you to take part in further research will be subject to your consent.
Contract: It is necessary for the performance of the installation contracts.
Your personal data will be shared with:
- Westville Insulation Ltd for the installation purposes
- Platform Housing Group for the installation purposes
- Harrison Almshouse Trust for the installation purposes
- Derbyshire Dales District Council
- The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and its contractors for delivery, administration and evaluation of the scheme, statistical, research and fraud prevention purposes.
- Ofgem and delivery partners of central and local government home energy schemes such as the Energy Company Obligation and Renewable Heat Incentive
Your personal data may also be shared with other Government departments where necessary.
We may share your data if we are required to do so by law, for example by court order or to prevent fraud or other crime.
As your personal data will be stored on our IT infrastructure it will also be shared with our data processors North East Derbyshire District Council.
Personal data shared with BEIS will be stored on their IT infrastructure and will therefore also be shared with their data processors Microsoft and Amazon Web Services.
Your personal data will be stored securely by us for a maximum period of 25 years following the close of the scheme.
Your personal data will be stored securely by BEIS for a maximum period of 25 years following the close of the Scheme. BEIS may choose to store anonymised data beyond this period.
Where personal data has not been obtained from the data subject
Your personal data, where obtained by us from Platform Housing Group or Harrison Almshouse Trust, will be name, address, contact details, age and income criteria above or below £30,000. This is obtained when referring a household to the scheme.
- You have the right to request information about how your personal data are processed, and to request a copy of that personal data.
- You have the right to request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay.
- You have the right to request that any incomplete personal data are completed, including by means of a supplementary statement.
- You have the right to request that your personal data are erased if there is no longer a justification for them to be processed.
- You have the right in certain circumstances (for example, where accuracy is contested) to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where it is processed for direct marketing purposes.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, where processing is based on your consent.
- Where the processing is based on consent, you have the right to request a copy of any personal data you have provided, and for this to be provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
HOW TO MAKE A REQUEST
If you wish to make a request associated with any of the rights listed above, contact Derbyshire Dales District Council or BEIS using the contact details at the bottom of this notice.
Your personal data will not be processed outside the UK and European Economic Area (EEA), or by an international organisation by Derbyshire Dales District Council.
As personal data shared with BEIS will be stored on their IT infrastructure, and shared with their data processors Microsoft and Amazon Web Services, your data may be transferred and stored securely outside the European Economic Area. Where that is the case it will be subject to equivalent legal protection through the use of Model Contract Clauses.
If you consider that your personal data has been misused or mishandled, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner's Office
0303 123 1113
Any complaint to the Information Commissioner is without prejudice to your right to seek redress through the courts.
The data controllers for your personal data are Derbyshire Dales District Council and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
You can contact the Derbyshire Dales District Council Data Protection Officer at:
Tel: 01629 761396
You can contact the BEIS Data Protection Officer at:
BEIS Data Protection Officer
Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
1 Victoria Street
Changes to our policy
We keep our privacy notice under regular review, and we will make new versions available on our privacy notice page on our website. This privacy notice was last updated on 8 March 2021.