At Derbyshire Dales District Council we take pride in the way we deal with our customers. We aim to provide you with an efficient and high quality service at all times.
This is achieved by our commitment to continuous improvement of service delivery.
At Derbyshire Dales we will:
- Treat you fairly and equally
- Provide a pleasant and courteous service at all times
- Be helpful and responsive
- Provide you with good quality information about our services
If you visit us we will:
- Welcome you on arrival
- Wear name badges and treat you with respect
- Keep our reception areas clean and tidy
- Keep waiting times down to no longer than 10 minutes
- Have our opening times clearly displayed at all our offices
If you telephone us we aim to:
- Answer your call within 10 seconds
- Greet you politely, clearly and tell you who you are speaking to
- Respond to voicemail messages within one working day
- Keep our voicemail announcement up to date
If you write, fax or email we will:
- Reply within 10 working days
- For more complicated enquiries we will send an acknowledgement within 5 working days to inform you of an estimated date when a more substantive reply will be given
- Use clear, jargon free language
Improving our service
We welcome your suggestions for improving the level of service you receive from us. If you wish to make any comments please use the online form available or you can obtain one from any of our reception areas or by telephoning 01629 761 100.
If, despite our best efforts, you wish to make a complaint about our service, we will acknowledge your complaint and try to provide you with a full response within a further 10 working days.
Monitoring our success
We set targets to measure how successful we are in delivering the standards set out in this charter. The results are detailed in our Performance Plan. A copy of the plan can be also be obtained by telephoning the Customer Service Team on 01629 761 100.