There are a number of outdoor parks and open spaces in Derbyshire Dales that are available for hire for a variety of outdoor events from small community events to big country shows.
Some of the areas you can hold your event
- Ashbourne Recreation Ground
- Bakewell Recreation Ground
- Bath Gardens, Bakewell
- Derwent Gardens & Lovers' Walks, Matlock Bath
- Hall Leys Park, Matlock
- High Tor & Pic Tor
- Brickyard Cottages, Ashbourne
- Highfield Road Recreation Ground, Ashbourne
- Shrovetide Walk, Ashbourne
- Smedley Street Park, Matlock
- Cavendish Road Recreation Ground, Matlock
- Hurst Farm Recreation Ground, Matlock
- Bonsall Recreation Ground
- Middleton Recreation Ground
- Kingsfield Memorial Ground, Wirksworth
- Yokecliffe Park, Wirksworth
- The Dale Play Area, Wirksworth
- Fanny Shaw Grounds, Wirksworth
- Bolehill Recreation Ground near Wirksworth
- Tansley Recreation Ground
- Starkholmes Recreation Ground
- Northwood Recreation Ground, Darley Dale
- Broadwalk Recreation Ground, Darley Dale
- The Dimple Grounds, Matlock
Our Events Team will be happy to help you with guidance and advice along the way.
To help you along the way, the Government's 'can do' guide to organising community events can be a valuable resource.
Other helpful advice and forms you may need:
- Event Strategy
- Provisional Enquiry Form
- Filming Enquiry Form
- Event Management Plan
- Environmental Health
- Temporary Event Notice
- Environmental Services
- Temporary Road Closure Orders
- Fire Risk Assessment form
- Food Stall Application Form
- Inflatable Play Equipment
Temporary Event Notice
If you're organising a temporary event and want to serve or sell alcohol, provide late night refreshment, or put on regulated entertainment, you'll need to complete a Temporary Event Notice (TEN).
The licence is required at least 10 working days before an event. You can find out all about the Temporary Event Notice and how to apply here.
Publicise your event
If you would like more information or would like to speak to someone about your event, please contact us.
- Telephone: 01629 761390
- or email: email@example.com
To publicise your event on the region’s visitor website www.visitpeakdistrict.com please complete the online form at https://www.visitpeakdistrict.com/whats-on/submit-event