We have a number of stalls available to let at our stallmarkets.
Bakewell Market 'To Lets'
Most of our traders become licensed at Bakewell - to guarantee a place on the market you need to apply through our 'To Let' scheme. Please email us for more information.
Our weekly stall markets
|Monday||Bakewell||Regular vacancies for casual traders|
|Saturday||Ashbourne||Regular vacancies for casual traders on a self-erect basis|
Market Stall Allocation
To obtain a stall on a Casual Trader basis means you need to arrive at the market on the day of trading and report to the Market Officer in attendance, any time after 7:30am. The Officer will then take your details (ie a brief description of the goods you wish to sell, name, contacts, insurance details etc) and will add you to the waiting list for that day only. Once the Officer knows how many stalls are available the allocation process will begin. The District Council's allocation of stalls is at the discretion of the Market Officer and that Officer's decision is final.
A stall will only be allocated to a casual if:
- You are a current and paid up member of the National Market Traders' Federation (NMTF)
- You have Public Liability Insurance to a minimum policy value of £10m. (A copy of your insurance certificate would be required for our records)
- Your products do not exceed our line limit for that particular market. (ie at Bakewell if there are already 6 stall holders selling "Confectionery" then you may not be allocated a stall)
- The only stall available is not next to or on the same row as a trader selling the same or similar products as you. The stall would not be allocated if you have similar goods.
- You can pay by card as the markert is cashless.
Reserve or book?
We do not currently provide a reserve or pre-book service for our stalls, it is, therefore, not guaranteed that you will be allocated a stall and you may be turned away from the market on that day.
What we will provide
At Bakewell the District Council will provide the stall unless you are paying a fee for a pitch; you would also need to provide your own clips, top cover or rain sheet (recommended size 4m x 3m). You will need to provide your own stall if you wish to attend Ashbourne on a Saturday.
Bakewell Farmers' Market
Phone: 01629 813 777
Prior arrangement for a pitch must be made first as you will be rejected if you turn up on the day.