A guide for suppliers/contractors and service providers
We have produced this guide to assist suppliers. Throughout this document reference to "suppliers" means the supplies of goods, providers of services and contractors for works.
It aims to help in three ways:
- It outlines the rules that the District Council must follow
- It alerts companies to the opportunity to supply the District Council
- It explains how to bid for District Council work
The District Council encourages competition and welcomes bids from new and established supplies.
Contracts are generally awarded on the basis of what is the most economically advantageous to the Council. The Council cannot discriminate in favour of local suppliers but they will be given every encouragement to compete for Council contracts.
By providing the information and guidance contained within this document it is hoped that suppliers will recognise that the District Council makes full use of fair non-discriminatory, honest and professional processes in the way it awards contracts and conducts its business processes.
If any company is interested in pursuing business opportunities with the District Council, the company should:
- Respond to invitations to quote as received or
- Respond to the individual tender advertised in Official Journal of the European Union contract notice, trade publication and/or local press
- Access Source Derbyshire website
- Check the District Council's own website
- Contact the Council's Procurement Lead Officer
Our processes are continually reviewed in order to ensure they remain up to date and take into account the latest technology, good practice procedures and District Council priorities. This guide will be updated where appropriate to reflect such changes in procedure.