This discretionary grant scheme has been set up to support small and micro-businesses with ongoing fixed costs which:
- were legally required to close between 5 November and 2 December 2020 due to national lockdown restrictions – see list here – but are ineligible for business rates
- were not legally required to close during this period but have been severely impacted by restrictions as they mainly supply businesses in closed sectors i.e. Hospitality; Visitor accommodation; Leisure; Events sector; Non-essential retail and Personal care.
An initial check for completeness will be undertaken on applications received. Please note missing information will delay consideration of your application.
For businesses on the ratings list you will need your 8 digit Ratings Reference number (starting with a 7) found on your business rates statement; for businesses renting premises you will need a copy of your rental agreement and a recent rent invoice; self-catering businesses with accommodation qualifying as a Furnished Holiday Let (only FHLs are eligible) should provide a copy of their latest SA105 return; B&Bs (only premises registered as a food business with DDDC Environmental Health are eligible) must upload their last annual accounts or HMRC tax return; similarly eligible mobile businesses should also upload their last annual accounts or HMRC tax return.
Businesses not legally required to close during the recent national lockdown whose customer base is mainly a closed sector will need to provide evidence demonstrating a reduction in turnover of at least 30% due to COVID e.g. in the form of annual accounts or comparison management accounts for the current period and equivalent period in 2019/2020 or bank statements for the period October and November 2020 and the equivalent period in 2019.
All businesses must provide a bank statement covering the period 5th October 2020 to 4th November 2020 showing business transactions.
Please note the processing of applications and grant payments may take up to 20 working days.
To make an application to the ARG scheme please register here and you will be sent a link to continue to the application process.
List of Businesses Required to Close Under Second National Lockdown – 5th November – 2nd December 2020Non Essential Retail:
- Clothing and tailors
- Homeware stores
- Tobacco and vape shop
- Electronic goods and mobile phone shop
- Charity shop
- Photography studios /art shops/antique stores
- Car and vehicle showroom
- Car wash
- Auction house
- Members club
- Social club
- Bed and breakfast
- Self catering accommodation
- Caravan site
- Hair, Beauty Nail Salon
- Tattoo Parlour
- Body Piercing Centre
- Massage centre
- Tanning salon
- Mobile provision – hair and beauty and other personal care services
- Nightclub, dance hall, discotheques
- Bingo Hall, casino, betting shop, amusement arcade, adult gaming centre
- Bowling alley
- Indoor games, recreation and entertainment venues (eg escape rooms laser quest, go karting)
- Sexual entertainment venues and hostess bars
- Cinemas, theatres, concert halls, other music venues
- Theme parks, adventure playgrounds
- Wildlife centres and any place where animals are exhibited to the public as an attraction
- Indoor attraction at a historic or stately home or other heritage site
- Conference centre, exhibition hall
- Skating rink
- Dance and fitness studios
- Sports courts
- Swimming pool
- Golf course/driving range/shooting and archery venues
- Indoor play centre including soft play centres and trampolining centre
- Community Hall used for leisure/community purposes
- Place of worship used for leisure/entertainment/community purposes