The Conversion of Farm Buildings: Supplementary Planning Document Adopted January 2019
The previously adopted Supplementary Planning Document: Conversion of Farm Buildings Design Guidance 2005 has been revised and updated to reflect the policies in the Adopted Derbyshire Dales Local Plan 2017, changes in legislation and the approach to conversion and re-use of farm buildings.
The Conversion of Farm Buildings: Supplementary Planning Document can be seen here.
Copies of the Supplementary Planning Document and the Consultation Statement, which outlines the Council’s response to the main issues raised on the draft consultation, and the Supplementary Planning Document are available for inspection at the following locations:
- Derbyshire Dales District Council, Town Hall, Bank Road, Matlock DE4 3NN
- The Arc Leisure Centre, 1 Bakewell Road, Matlock DE4 3AZ
- Matlock Library, Steep Turnpike, Matlock DE4 3DP
- Ashbourne Leisure Centre, Clifton Road, Ashbourne DE6 1DR
- Ashbourne Library, Compton, Ashbourne DE6 1DA
- Wirksworth Leisure Centre, Hannage Way, Wirksworth DE4 4JG
- Wirksworth Library, Town Hall, Wirksworth DE4 4EU
In the predominantly rural district of the Derbyshire Dales, farm buildings are a common, distinctive and prevalent building type When these buildings are not required for the purpose for which they were constructed there is pressure to convert them to alternative uses.
The Supplementary Planning Document seeks to:
- To expand upon Local Plan policy to provide more detailed and practical design advice for the conversion of farm building.
- To provide complementary guidance and advice for farm building owners who are seeking to find alternative uses for their farm buildings without having an adverse impact on their character, appearance or setting.
The Supplementary Planning Document will apply to that part of the Derbyshire Dales District Council area for which it is the local planning authority, excluding the Peak District National Park.
Any person who considers that the Conversion of Farm Buildings Supplementary Planning Document has not been prepared in line with the relevant Statutory requirements may apply to the High Court for permission to apply for judicial reviews of the decision to adopt the Supplementary Planning Document within three months of its adoption.
- Conversion of Farm Buildings Supplementary Planning Document [PDF 1.77 KB]
- Adoption Statement [PDF 107KB]
- Consultation Statement [PDF402KB]
- Community and Environment Committee 10th January 2019 Agenda Item 9 [weblink]
- Press Release January 2019
- Draft Supplementary Planning Document: Conversion of Farm Buildings Design Guidance [PDF 4.4MB]
- Consultation Statement Conversion of Farm Buildings Design Guidance Sept. 2018
- Community and Environment Committee 13th September 2018 Agenda Item 8 [weblink]
- The Town and County Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012
- Press Release September 2018