Derbyshire Dales District Council is committed to improving the supply of decent affordable homes for local people.
The main purpose of this document is:
- To provide detailed guidance on the procedures the Council will operate to determine the amount, type and size of affordable housing to be provided in accordance with the policies in the adopted Derbyshire Dales Local Plan.
- To provide certainty to developers about the requirements on affordable housing as part of residential developments.
- To demonstrate to local residents that the Council is being pro-active in seeking to deliver an increase in the availability of affordable housing to meet local housing needs.
- To provide detailed guidance on the amount of financial contribution in lieu of on site provision of affordable housing.
- To provide principles on the design, appearance and layout of affordable housing.
The Supplementary Planning Document seeks to provide detailed guidance on the application of policies:
- H10 (Affordable Housing within the Settlement Framework of Market Towns)
- H11 (Affordable Housing within the Settlement Frameworks of Other Settlements)
- H12 (Alternative Provision for Affordable Housing Outside Settlement Frameworks)
- H13 (Affordable Housing Exception Sites in Rural Areas) of the Derbyshire Dales Local Plan (Adopted November 2005).
The Supplementary Planning Document will apply to that part of the Derbyshire Dales District Council area for which it is the local planning authority, and will form part of the Derbyshire Dales Local Development Framework. The Council adopted the Supplementary Planning Document on 20 July 2006.
Affordable Housing SPD (PDF 496KB)
Affordable Housing Adoption Statement (PDF 5KB)
Affordable Housing Consultation Statement (PDF 252KB)
Affordable Housing Scoping Report (PDF 339KB)
Affordable Housing Sustainability Appraisal (PDF 252KB)