A Local Land Charge Search should be carried out when a property or piece of land is being sold, purchased, leased or valued to find out if there are any matters affecting the land.
Searches are usually carried out in two parts:
- The first part of the Search (LLC1) deals with all registrable charges, such as conditional planning consents, grants, tree preservation orders, planning agreements, and listed buildings and some enforcement issues.
- The second part (CON29) deals with issues that are not registrable such as planning refusals and unconditional consents, road schemes, planning history and environmental matters.
The information given on a search relates only to the property or land identified on the search plan. We do not provide information regarding surrounding property or land.
Who can commission a local authority search?
Anyone may commission a Local Authority search by submitting the correct forms, together with the required fee by email or post.
|Application type||Cost (£) from 31 March 2017 (* includes VAT)|
|Official Search Fee (LLC1 + Con29R)||125.80*|
|Con29O (per question)||12.00*|
|Additional Parcel of Land||13.20*|
|Written enquiries (solicitors own questions)||14.40*|
|Personal Search of the Register||0.00|
|Con29R Component Data Information Form|
Payment can be made by debit card or credit card online.
We are currently having difficulties with our online payments, please call us on 01629 761166 to make card payments.
Submit a Search online
Complete our online Property Search Form.
Complete our online Component Data Form
Submit a paper Search
When requesting a full Local Land Charges Search you should include either forms LLC1 and CON29 (these forms are obtainable from Solicitors or Law Stationers).
You must include an up to date plan showing the area to be searched in red. You should also include the relevant payment.
Return of search
Our preferred method of returning search is by email, although we will return searches by post if you prefer. If you would like to receive your searches by email, please include your email address on the application form. Should you wish to receive a hard copy of your search result, please contact us.
Our searches are:
- the only Official Certificate of Search available
- processed by experienced staff, with local knowledge
- returned quickly (For searches received in December, the average turnaround time was 13.8 working days. 12.5% of searches were returned within 10 working days. For the year to date (April – December ) the average turnaround time is 7.6 working days. 73.9% of searches have been returned within 10 working days.)
- Staff levels have returned to normal and we are now returning searches in less than 10 working days.